What a contrast! A couple of weeks ago I spent 17 hours in 6 days seeing Wagner’s 4 glorious Ring operas with all their significance, dramatic music, and deep emotions without even a chuckle of humor. Last week I spent approximately the same number of hours in 8 days attending 3 operas, a play, and two play-readings all of which were light, filled with laughter, and (for the operas) musically hummable. Continue reading
- The Magic Flute Review – Pocket Opera is Magic
- Madama Butterfly Review – Opera San Jose’s Provocative Take on Puccini’s Classic Favorite
- Elixir of Love Review – West Bay Opera produces another gem
- GALA Review – West Bay Opera starts a tradition?
- Hansel & Gretel Review – An Afternoon of Sheer Delight