Forty-one years ago I attended the World Premiere of Dominick Argento’s Postcard from Morocco. It was commissioned and performed by the Center Opera, an adjunct of the Walker Art Center, and the company evolved to the now well-known Minnesota Opera. It was my first experience with a “modern” opera, and I was fascinated by it, without quite knowing why. Continue reading
- The Magic Flute Review – Pocket Opera is Magic
- Madama Butterfly Review – Opera San Jose’s Provocative Take on Puccini’s Classic Favorite
- Elixir of Love Review – West Bay Opera produces another gem
- GALA Review – West Bay Opera starts a tradition?
- Hansel & Gretel Review – An Afternoon of Sheer Delight