I had seenÂ Shakespeare’s play; IÂ had seenÂ Gonoud’s opera a couple of times; I had seen many, many performances ofÂ Prokofiev’s ballet.Â But at theÂ San Francisco OperaÂ on October 3, 2012, I sawÂ I Capuleti e i Montecchi, an 1830 opera byÂ Vincenzo Bellini,Â for the first time.Â And from the first few notes of the overture, I knew I was about to see a story different from the one told by S, G, and P.Â Continue reading
- The Magic Flute Review – Pocket Opera is Magic
- Madama Butterfly Review – Opera San Jose’s Provocative Take on Puccini’s Classic Favorite
- Elixir of Love Review – West Bay Opera produces another gem
- GALA Review – West Bay Opera starts a tradition?
- Hansel & Gretel Review – An Afternoon of Sheer Delight