Saturday morning I returned to the Century Cinemas 16 for the Metropolitan Opera Live HD broadcast of John Adams’ Dr. Atomic, starring Gerald Finley in the title role. It was an experience. I went with an open mind, and I am glad I went. I just wouldn’t call it “Opera” and I wouldn’t call the output of the orchestra and vocalists “Music”. And I am finding it incredibly difficult to write about it. It’s now 1 am Tuesday and this is my third attempt. Continue reading
- The Magic Flute Review – Pocket Opera is Magic
- Madama Butterfly Review – Opera San Jose’s Provocative Take on Puccini’s Classic Favorite
- Elixir of Love Review – West Bay Opera produces another gem
- GALA Review – West Bay Opera starts a tradition?
- Hansel & Gretel Review – An Afternoon of Sheer Delight