I had seen three productions of The Pearl Fishers by the Minnesota Opera (1986, 1991, and 2009), and one by Opera San Jose (2004), so it wasn’t a brand new experience for me. Nor was it brand new for the company who had produced it three times at Montgomery Theatre (1990, 1994, 2004) before the current production at the California Theatre, which I have just seen on September 9, 2012. Still, I feel that I am just beginning to know and appreciate it. Continue reading
- The Magic Flute Review – Pocket Opera is Magic
- Madama Butterfly Review – Opera San Jose’s Provocative Take on Puccini’s Classic Favorite
- Elixir of Love Review – West Bay Opera produces another gem
- GALA Review – West Bay Opera starts a tradition?
- Hansel & Gretel Review – An Afternoon of Sheer Delight