Twenty-minutes after the ethereal redemption that ended¬†Suor Angelica¬†I’m back in my seat applauding Maestro¬†Joseph Marcheso¬†as he makes his way to the podium. He well deserves the applause for the way he led the orchestra in perfect sync with the action and the singing through all the rapid swings of mood throughout the first opera. And with the crashing discords that begin the overture, we immediately know that the forthcoming mood will be drastically different from the emotional wringer we have just been through. Continue reading
- The Magic Flute Review – Pocket Opera is Magic
- Madama Butterfly Review – Opera San Jose’s Provocative Take on Puccini’s Classic Favorite
- Elixir of Love Review – West Bay Opera produces another gem
- GALA Review – West Bay Opera starts a tradition?
- Hansel & Gretel Review – An Afternoon of Sheer Delight