Old to the world, new to me — the following operas, that is. Stanislaw Moniuszkoâ€™s Halka had its first performance in 1848; Ambrose Thomasâ€™ Hamlet had its first performance in 1868; I first knew of the existence of either opera in 2009; I first attended both operas last weekend, March 27-28, 2010. I thoroughly enjoyed both performances and will share my thoughts on them with San Francisco Splash readers. Continue reading
- The Magic Flute Review â€“ Pocket Opera is Magic
- Madama Butterfly Review â€“ Opera San Joseâ€™s Provocative Take on Pucciniâ€™s Classic Favorite
- Elixir of Love Review â€“ West Bay Opera produces another gem
- GALA Review â€“ West Bay Opera starts a tradition?
- Hansel & Gretel Review â€“ An Afternoon of Sheer Delight