Old to the world, new to me — the following operas, that is. Stanislaw Moniuszko’s Halka had its first performance in 1848; Ambrose Thomas’ Hamlet had its first performance in 1868; I first knew of the existence of either opera in 2009; I first attended both operas last weekend, March 27-28, 2010. I thoroughly enjoyed both performances and will share my thoughts on them with San Francisco Splash readers. Continue reading
- The Magic Flute Review – Pocket Opera is Magic
- Madama Butterfly Review – Opera San Jose’s Provocative Take on Puccini’s Classic Favorite
- Elixir of Love Review – West Bay Opera produces another gem
- GALA Review – West Bay Opera starts a tradition?
- Hansel & Gretel Review – An Afternoon of Sheer Delight