I’ve read the script a couple of times, but I’ve never seen a performance ofÂ Shakespeare’s play,Â The Merry Wives of Windsor. I did seeÂ Nicolai’s operaÂ of that title this summer, but it’s been 12 years since I last sawÂ Verdi’s masterpiece,Â Falstaff. That drought is being ended with a vengeance this fall. Yesterday, September 8, 2013, I sawÂ Opera San JosÉÂ perform it, and I’m looking forward to seeing it again on the 15thÂ with the other cast. Continue reading
- The Magic Flute Review – Pocket Opera is Magic
- Madama Butterfly Review – Opera San Jose’s Provocative Take on Puccini’s Classic Favorite
- Elixir of Love Review – West Bay Opera produces another gem
- GALA Review – West Bay Opera starts a tradition?
- Hansel & Gretel Review – An Afternoon of Sheer Delight