Saturday morning I spent an engrossed two hours at the Century Cinemas 16 watching and listening to the Metropolitan Opera Live HD broadcast of Salome, starring Karita Mattila in the title role. I take first-rate singing voices as a given with the Met; she could also act and dance. Continue reading
- The Magic Flute Review – Pocket Opera is Magic
- Madama Butterfly Review – Opera San Jose’s Provocative Take on Puccini’s Classic Favorite
- Elixir of Love Review – West Bay Opera produces another gem
- GALA Review – West Bay Opera starts a tradition?
- Hansel & Gretel Review – An Afternoon of Sheer Delight