ToscaÂ is one of my favorite operas.Â The complex dramatic plot and the sublime music ofÂ Giacomo PucciniÂ alone are enough to put it in my top ten. First, the music is so melodic, so listenable that I find myself humming bits of it for weeks after attending a performance.Â In addition, the music and the words and the action are so perfectly blended that the whole is far greater the sum of its already great parts. Continue reading
- The Magic Flute Review – Pocket Opera is Magic
- Madama Butterfly Review – Opera San Jose’s Provocative Take on Puccini’s Classic Favorite
- Elixir of Love Review – West Bay Opera produces another gem
- GALA Review – West Bay Opera starts a tradition?
- Hansel & Gretel Review – An Afternoon of Sheer Delight